From:
Bernard Chasan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Sep 1999 14:21:54 -0500
Steve Schwartz's detailed account of his favorite neglected composers is
quite fascinating, and represents the best type of contribution to this
list in that it expands horizons.

It is an interesting commentary on the nature of fashion that Hindemith and
Sessions, so prominent 30 years ago, now appear among the overlooked.  On
a personal note I heard Sessions' Third Symphony at the N.Y.  Philharmonic
when I was sixteen- it made quite an impression and I bought the LP as soon
as I could.  It is a work of intense feeling.

I suggest that a worthy addition to the overlooked file is Frank Martin,
who is rather well represented on cds but overlooked anyway.

Regards, Bernard Chasan