From:
Deryk Barker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Sep 1999 19:49:43 -0700
Donald Satz ([log in to unmask]) wrote:

>I have no problem accepting the premise that "music is everywhere", in
>nature, in machinery, in human activities, etc.  I also see the value in
>discussing Cage's concept, its components, and how the concept relates to
>human perceptions.  But, I can't say that I would want to *listen* to this
>music on record and pay a monetary price as well.

The only work I'm aware of which Cage produced to bring this point home was
4:33 and did he ever "record" it?

There is so much more to Cage than this one piece, which people get so hung
up about.

How about the First Construction in Metal? A minor masterpiece of rhtyhms
and textures *and* he invented a new instrument for it (the water gong).

Deryk Barker