Kar-Ming Chong <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 25 Aug 1999 12:11:13 +0800
Amy wrote:

>The last time I felt this strong about someone's Beethoven set and felt
>it underappreciated was with Bishop's Philips releases.

Yes, I agree with Amy on this issue.  Compare to the praises heaped on the
other Great Pianist sets, this set got a relatively lukewarm response from
one Gramophone reviewer.  Kovacevich's performance (especially Moonlight
sonata) in the Philips set is full of beauty, sensitivity and revelations
and compares well, probably better than the on-going EMI series.  Check it
out.

Cheers
Kar MIng