From:
Michael Stein <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Aug 1999 16:37:57 EDT
A little further gossip about the composer Oscar Nedbal.  I believe he
was the same Oscar Nedbal who was a violinist, one of the original members
of the Bohemian String Quartet.  I read that as the second violinist, he
was obliged to leave the group when he ran away with the wife of the first
violinist.  He then became a violist, and is credited with making the
first-ever recording of a viola solo.  I believe you will find this in the
first volume of "The Recorded Viola."

Michael Stein