From:
Ron Chaplin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Aug 1999 08:46:47 PDT
This is something I've been thinking about for a while.

I drive a 1985 Honda Accord with no air-conditioning.  Half of my daily
commute is on a busy highway.  So, with road noise and the sound of trucks
blasting by with all of my windows open during this long hot summer, I am
faced with a predicament as to what to listen to.  I have a good CD player
and decent speakers, so that's a help.  I stay away from works with a wide
dynamic range, because I have to constantly fiddle with the volume.  I
don't want to play the music too loud, because I am a little concerned
about my hearing.  So, I stick to mostly chamber music.  Lately, I've been
listening to the following:

    1.  JS Bach's sonatas for violin/harpsichord, violin/piano -
        Tennenbaum
    2.  JS Bach's sonatas and partitas for solo violin - Milstein
    4.  Goldberg Variations - Landowska and Turek
    5.  JS Bach's cello suites - Rostropovich

I would like very much to hear other suggestions.

Thanks, as always,

Ron Chaplin