Denis Fodor <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 5 Aug 1999 14:59:17 -0400
Andrew Carlan writes:

>...I am the world's authenticated Nielsen worshipper.  I think he is the
>greatest 20th century composer.  But not based on the Sixth...

Couldn't agree more.  I have the Sony recording of the 3rd and the 5th
by the NY Philharmonic/Bernstein and though I can't claim to be a Nielsen
acolyte, I _do_ like those recordings.  The music's fairly accessible, I'd
say, and the performance of it deft and enthusiastic.

Denis Fodor                     Internet:[log in to unmask]