From:
William Jenks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Aug 1999 13:54:38 -0500
I'd like to add to my Haydn symphony collection, and I'm looking for
some advice/recommendations.  My taste runs to the HIP side, perhaps more
specifically to the small-orchestra side.  I've got one of the Philips Duo
disks of Londons with Davis.  I've also got a "Sturm and Drang" set from
L'Archibudelli.  Leaving other issues aside, I clearly prefer the
L'Archibudelli "sound."

I've looked around for any of the Norrington sets recorded in the 1990s,
but couldn't find them.  It looks like both Goodman/Hanover and Hogwood/AAM
are both to be found.  Are these winners, or do you have other suggestions?

William Jenks