From:
Alan Lynn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Aug 1999 12:25:29 -0400
I've been listening to a few soundtracks this morning, and am continually
amazed at the high quality music put out for some films.  I am especially
fond of James Horner's work for the movie "Glory".  His "Braveheart" score
is fantastic as well.

Of course, then there's John Williams, who has put out more great scores
than one could reasonably list.

I probably love movie soundtracks just because most heroic/moving movies
feature many loud horn parts (hehehe LOUD!!) but many films feature
wonderfully stirring music regardless of instrumentation.

I think I should expand my soundtrack collection...  Who are the best film
composers? What are the best film scores?

Alan Lynn