Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Wed, 18 Aug 1999 08:11:14 -0500
From:
Bernard Chasan <[log in to unmask]>
Bob Draper on a request for the names of established Chopin performers:

>I hope that this is not another example of the "big names" syndrome which
>is damaging to classical music IMHO.

Indeed, Naxos has brilliantly built a great enterprise on the realization
that there are first class musicians all over the world who are not within
the international star system.  Unhappily the big names syndrome seems
still to characterize concert life in the USA.  Perhaps it is better in
other parts of the world, but I don't expect to hear Biret, Jando, Tintner,
Bakels, Kliegel in Boston soon!!!  I hope that I am wrong.

Bernard Chasan