Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sat, 7 Aug 1999 20:50:03 -0500
From:
Bernard Chasan <[log in to unmask]>
Donald Satz wrote:

>Although I love being on this list and communicating with other list
>members, the fact is that we are in a minority position concerning what
>most folks look for and want in music.  It's melody and entertainment
>that carry the day; That's what puts Mozart so high on the pedestal.

So we are back to the Eighteenth Century Drawing room - Papa Haydn cannot
be far behind.  The reality is that there is so much more to Mozart then
melody and entertainment.  Those words scarcely do justice to the operas,
the late symphonies, the piano concerti, the liturgical music, the
quartets, the wonderful viola quintets, the music for winds, the trio for
strings,K 563, the requiem, the clarinet quintet, the sonatas for various
instruments, etc.  Otherwise they work fine.

Bernard Chasan