From:
Diane Wiessinger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Sep 1999 07:48:48 -0400
>Anyway, she thanked me for all my help and told me that
>she wanted to get pregnant again ASAP.  I guess it was her baby, her choice
>even though I didn't understand her choice.  She told me that she would like
>to try nursing her next baby...............and here I had thought we had
>really *tried*.

How hugely frustrating!  How's this:

"You know, this baby will need you now more than ever.  It's going to be a
lot harder caring for him if you won't be nursing him, and he's going to
need more medical care.  So it's going to be especially important to give
him the time he needs as the center of your universe, before you have to
divide your attention.  Sometimes nature doesn't work in our favor:  you're
going to be *able* to get pregnant again soon because your body will think
this baby disappeared, once you're not not nursing.  That doesn't mean it's
a normal or healthy thing for either this baby or the next baby or even for
your own body.  The baby who doesn't get to nurse needs his mother the
most."

Diane Wiessinger, MS, IBCLC, LLLL, frustrated with you in Ithaca, NY