From:
"William J. Karzas" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Aug 1999 11:10:43 -0700
Kevin Sutton queried:

>Does anyone know if the gieseking that I have on lps (with one side blank!)
>has ever been reissued on cd?

Some years ago, near the beginning of the CD era (late 80's I would guess)
the Gieseking Ravel set was issued on 2 CDs in Japan by Toshiba-EMI on the
label "EMI Classics - Supermasters".  The disks are labelled:

   Vol. 1: TOCE-7586   2DJ-4159
   Vol. 2: TOCE-7587   2DJ-4160

Playing times for each piece are given on the back of the jewel box; the
English titles appear in the booklets (as the only non-Japanese writing.)

Very good reproduction of the mono sound.

Regards,

Bill Karzas                     [log in to unmask]