From:
Felix Delbrueck <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Aug 1999 20:00:09 +1200
Jason Greshes noted that

>(heck, look how hard Austrians have sold the idea
>that Beethoven was Austrian and Hitler German).

Is that really true? How on earth did they manage to do that? That kind of
hypocritical history-adjusting (after all, a large proportion of Austrians
welcomed not just Germany, which is defensible, but *Nazi* Germany with
open arms in '38) always makes me itch with the desire to say something
ferociously 'grossdeutsch', just to reset the balance ;-).

Felix Delbruck