From:
Lionel Choi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Aug 1999 03:25:17 +0800
Dear music-lovers, On your National Day weekend, tune in to Passion
99.5FM for a selection of great recordings of music from the Baroque
era.

On MONDAY 9TH AUGUST 1999 at 3.15pm, you'll hear:

* Russian pianist Sviatoslav Richter in an unforgettable recording of J.S.
Bach's D minor Piano Concerto, BWV 1052.

* Even if you're not a fan of the harpsichord, you have to hear Christophe
Rousset play the Italian Concerto, also by J.S. Bach.

* Cellist Yo-Yo Ma grips his baroque cello with his knees as he goes
through one of the finest accounts of Boccherini's D major Cello Concerto
ever recorded.

* A vintage 1931 recording of pianist Edwin Fischer in Bach's Chromatic
Fantasy and Fugue in D minor, BWV 903, another gramophone classic.

* A wonderful rendition of Handel's Concerto Grosso No.7 in B-flat major,
Op.6 No.7 by the I Musici de Montreal conducted by Yuli Turovsky.

Join me, Lionel Choi, on Monday 9th August at 3.15pm on this Baroque
edition of Cosmic Classics on PASSION 99.5FM, Singapore's first and only
arts and culture station.

Lionel Choi
Singapore
http://www.singnet.com.sg/~lionelc/dummies.html