From:
Aaron Rabushka <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Jul 1999 20:44:32 -0500
If you like Messiaen and are interested in St. Francis of Assisi I would
suggest the oratorio about the latter by the Krakowian Juliusz Luciuk.
Stylistically it recalls Messiaen in some spots (although I'd be hard
pressed to distill the reason why) yet its mercifully free of the latter's
bird calls.  On the whole is a joy and elevation to listen to.  The Muza
recording is great--I don't know if and how it's still available.

Aaron J. Rabushka
http://www.cowtown.net/users/arabushk/