HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Judy Bense <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Jul 1999 09:17:16 -0500
Wayne,

Thanks for the suggestions, but I have already sent the images and
communicated with Stan and his staff and Kathy Deagan at the Florida Musum
of Natural History.  They have never seen it, so we are still stumped.
Santa Elena is too early (1500s) to really compare with Santa Maria (early
1700s).  They did have a similar type, but the bands were spiraled, not
concentric.

Thanks for the lead to Hume, I hadn't thought of that... will send a note
and the images to that address.  Where is it, anyway?  US?

Thanks alot.