HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
"(Mike Polk)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Oct 1998 15:55:39 EST
In a message dated 10/20/98 10:53:15 AM Mountain Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< I checked out the SHA conference web page.  I was greatly disappointed not
 to find a structured introduction tour to the LDS library.  Was anyone else
 out there in HISTARCH expecting this tour?

 Linda Derry ([log in to unmask])
 Old Cahawba Archaeological Park
 Alabama Historical Commission >>

A somewhat delayed response to your question, Linda.  There are, indeed,
structured tours at the Family History Library (LDS Library) available.  In
fact, we talked to the people there and they will be able to give us some
specific to our particular interests as historians and archaeologists.  We
didn't want to make them formal tours to sign up for because the program is
already so full.  Also, the library is only a few blocks from the hotel.  I
will post more information about this on the web and on HISTARCH as we get
closer to the meetings.

Mike Polk
Conference Chair
SHA 1999 Meeting