From:
Eric Kisch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Aug 1999 11:24:27 -0400
I agree fully with Daniel Horn's assessment of Stephen Hough's playing.  I
heard pretty much the same recital here in Cleveland a year or so ago, and
was just as blown away by the Liszt sonata.  I liked the Ghost variations
enough to make me think about getting the recordings if one was ever made.
All in all it was one of the most stimulating and exciting solo piano
recitals I had heard in years.  Alas, Hough did not do the Kalman encore.
I wish he had -- any pianist who thinks so highly of Richard Tauber that
he wants to emulate him on the piano can't be all bad.

Eric
whose heart beats in 3/4 time