From:
Scott Morrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Aug 1999 16:52:02 -0400
Aaron Rabushka asks:

>A few days ago I received the brochure for the next Seattle Ring Cycle.
>The conductor will be Armin Jourdain.  I'm familiar with him from some
>recordings of Mozart and Lalo but I never knew him to be a Wagnerian.
>Anyone familiar with his reputation in that regard?

Armin Jordan (sic) is a Swiss conductor who first came to my attention
as the conductor for the Hans Juergen Syberberg film of Parsifal.  And
whatever you might say about the visual style of that film, the conducting
was impressive.  And somehow he also managed to act the role of Amfortas!

He also conducted Tristan at the Seattle Opera last summer, I believe.

Scott Morrison