From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Aug 1999 18:59:29 PDT
Walter Meyer wrote concerning my "Salieri killed Mozart" theme:

>B-b-but, Salieri, while highly envious of Mozart, did nothing to harm him
>in that film (which did contain other departures from fact).

I'm not talking movie magic, I'm talking real life.

Aaron Rabushka wrote of the Salieri concerto for flute and oboe:

>a real good-time concerto that makes you wonder why we don't hear
>more Salieri.

If he hadn't killed Mozart, or hadn't flubbed up his evil plan, we would be
hearing much more of Salieri.

Assume you're the "toast of the town" - Number One.  Then, a new guy comes
to town; only he doesn't even act like a guy, more like a grown-up kid.
His music makes yours look real bad.  Every woman you desire prefers the
new guy.  You're not number one anymore.  Territorial instincts tell you
that this man must go.  Only, he isn't leaving.  You will have to remedy
the situation yourself.  You'll get fame, women, and several biographies
and web sites about yourself in the future.  One dead fool is a small price
to pay.  The only problem, as it turns out, is that you're even worse at
killing and reaping the benefits than you are at composing.  Case closed.
I need 007 to back me up on this one.

Don Satz