From:
Bob Kasenchak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Jul 1999 10:53:34 -0700
I wrote:

>>I could be wrong, I know a lot of you Baroque-heads mention eschewing
>>concerts altogether to avoid a Stockhausen or Boulez work.

to which replied Don Satz:

>What message board has Bob been reading?

Are you questioning my fidelity?  For shame...

>I can't recall one list member with a strong Baroque preference who
>strongly dislikes modernist works.

Ah, I must be reading in, or assuming.  Either way I apologize; my
mood has been dour lately (for reasons I'll be free to explain in about
a month).  I've simply been finding relatively little support for my
modernist tendencies.  That's not a complaint; merely an observation.

Certainly baroque and modern music are not mutually exclusive.  Music is
music, after all.

Bob K., unassuming