Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Wed, 4 Aug 1999 01:05:10 GMT
From:
"D. Stephen Heersink" <[log in to unmask]>
John Smyth <[log in to unmask]> writes in reply to my:

>My rule for 20th Century music is this: (as I listen for the first time to
>Schoenberg's "Moses and Aaron; Boulez conducting), if it's not gonna have
>good melodies, then it darn well better be colorful.  And colorful Varese
>is.

I agree Varese is "colorful," but I really prefer melody as a review
promised, not something "colorful" on my CD player.  If I wanted something
"colorful," I generally prefer paintings, and of these I generally prefer
the ones that hang on the wall.:-{(

Stephen Heersink
San Francisco