Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Tue, 3 Aug 1999 07:17:25 +1000
From:
Alan Dudley <[log in to unmask]>
Nick Perovich wrote a fairly long reply to my objection to the idea of
absolute standards of good and bad in music (and other arts).

One thing is completely clear, Nick and I have completely different ideas
about the meaning of "absolute standards".

If, as Nick believes, there sre absolute standards of good and bad in art,
and if, as Nick appears to concede, these cannot be reliably accessed by
anyone, it must follow that

   their existence cannot be proved

   the standards are useless, and

   this argument is absolutely stupid and we should both stop wasting the
   time of listers.

Alan Dudley