From:
Annelies Bon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Jun 1999 21:11:36 +0200
Anna asked:

"Is there any evidence that the increase in dioxins in breastmilk are
causing breastfed babies to be less healthy than formula-fed babies? I
think I am correct in saying that the figures continue to show that
breastfed babies are healthier (?)"

No, in fact the opposite is true, Dutch research on dioxins in human milk
shows. See: http://utopia.knoware.nl/users/abon/bf_toxins.htm

Still i find the foudings on the latest research of concern (this research
isn't  incluced on my page yet).

They did show adverse affects in children (i.e. shorter attention span) who
were exposed to dioxins in utero. Till now it seems breastfeeding
counteracts some of this negative effects (despite the high levels of
dioxines in bf baby's ), but I find it of concern.

We know the dioxin and PCB levels are declining the last decade. and we
would be very thankfull for that!

BTW on my page there is also a link to an UK governmental statement about
this issue.

---
Annelies Bon
Breastfeeding Resources http://utopia.knoware.nl/users/abon/bfbronnen.htm