From:
Harry Goudie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Jun 1999 09:57:27 -0700
Ernie Huber Wrote:-

>        I would appreciate it if some of you other BEE-L members would
>comment on my method, but it is the only method that I have found to be a
>reasonable one for aggressive hives in a close-to-the-neighbors type of
>situation.

I agree that this method is a good one for finding the queen in an
aggressive stock.  I don't know why Tom was trying to find the queen but if
his reason was to requeen to obtain a non aggressive stock then he would
have to make sure that the replacement queen was from a non aggressive
strain.  It would be no good just to allow the bees to produce another queen
naturally.  I suspect that all the bees in his area are of an aggressive
strain.  The danger of importing varroa then becomes very real and he might
just have to work with aggressive bees.

Harry
Scottish Bee Issues:-  http://www.luichartwoollens.freeserve.co.uk