Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Tue, 29 Jun 1999 21:56:17 -0500
From:
Laura Wright <[log in to unmask]>
7Bit
Sender:
Comments:
I did see the story abut the man who recently admited to suffocating his
infant (7 m/o). Reportedly begging police to kill him. Also recently saw
story about woman who now admits to killing 8 of her 10 children...all
previously reported as SIDS.
Admittedly the woman's crimes were committed many years ago, but if
these infanticides are still being reported as SIDS, even with the
advances in forensics,who's to say that SIDS is not much more RARE an
occurance than anyone imagines?  Could the reduction in SIDS occurances
since the "back to sleep" campaign have more to do with the inability of
a parent to smother a baby while viewing their face? Not that any
reduction of infant deaths is inconsequential. But, if we could actually
isolate those babies who DO succomb to SIDS, it would be easier to
extrapolate a "cause" and maybe find a "cure"
I know this is off topic, but just a little food for thought.
Laura Wright