From:
Bill Truesdell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Sep 1999 16:28:41 -0400
Mike Rowbottom wrote:

> A good word of warning.  Substances with comfortable names like Thymol,
> Menthol and Camphor sound very  non-threatening.
>
> These substances as well as the 'soft' acids are chemical products and
> all need to be treated with appropriate respect.

I looked up Oxalic Acid in my CRC and it is right there with
sulfuric in strength. Formic is not close behind. So if you are
preparing solutions from the crystals, be careful. Nothing soft
about either. Plus it is poisonous.

Even acetic acid, which is vinegar when diluted, when at full
strength is used medicinally to burn off moles and planter's
warts. Nasty stuff.

Bill T
Bath, ME