Date:
Tue, 29 Jun 1999 22:23:31 EDT
Just spoke with the mom who received all those meds for childbirth. She has
been pumping since Sat night, 6-8 times/24 hrs and is only getting 1/2 to 3/4
oz of milk in a 30-45 min session of double pumping. She feels her milk
supply is severely depressed. Also, her blood pressure has been widely
fluxuating over the past few days. She doesn't know if this is related to the
effects of any of the meds. I discussed Fenugreek and reluctantly discussed
Reglan-heaven knows I don't want to be associated with any meds use after
what they have been through. Anyway, she would have to get the prescription
upon the advise of this MD and who knows what she would walk out of the
office with! The baby has gone to the breast 4 times today but they did not
hear any swallowing and baby just fell asleep there. Mom 's breasts has not
felt full or heavy and does not appear to change before and after a pumping.
Any more thoughts? Thanks to all who responded.

Barb Whitehead, IBCLC