From:
Ivan Himmelhoch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Aug 1999 18:19:00 +1000
For the "Rasumovsky" (no.9 Op.59 No.3) and "Harp", the EMI re-released 'Red
Line' budget performance by the immortal Alban Berg Quartett that includes
only these Quartets would be an excellent starter if you wish to make any
comparison.

Of the limited (3) other recordings of these relatively oft recorded
Quartets of Beethoven's I have heard - I would even be bold enough to
suggest that this recording (performance as well as sound quality) actually
sets a standard that the others must live up to!

Ivan Himmelhoch
Melbourne, Australia