From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Jul 1999 13:26:08 PDT
Dave Lewis wrote of the Paisello piano concertos:

>Well, I don't know about 'lasciviousness', but I have heard the
>ASV set of the Paisello.  Monetti plays them very well, and the
>works are not exactly "harmless" but are a bit more challenging than
>what you would assume them to be.  Very pleasant listening and was
>more than enough to hold my attention.

I share Dave's opinion.  Paisello's piano concertos might not hold up well
to Mozart's, but I think they are on the level of Haydn and Dussek.  These
are the kind of works where I'm glad to have one fine version with no
desire for another.

The ASV can be bought as a set or separately.  I think ARTS has also
recorded the set with Spada - two separate discs.  Apart from some Schubert
piano discs, which I got on a list member recommendation and wish I hadn't,
I have no ARTS recordings.  Any good releases in their catalog?

Don Satz