From:
Bob Kasenchak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 May 1999 09:53:25 -0700
Steve Schwartz:

>Bob K. allows me to brag:

Hey, anytime.

>>Anyone else experiment with learing perfect pitch?
>
>Never had to.  I don't have perfect pitch, but I have something just >as
>good.  Blood rushes through my right ear at Eb and through my left at >Bb.
>With those two tones as anchor points, I can find any other pitch.

So is that 'relative pitch'? Or can you -always- hear the Eb in your
head?  Or just identify pitches? I guess I would describe myself as having
'relative pitch'...I've found that if I can establish a tone in my ear at
the beginning of a session of playing (or singing &c) I could pretty much
keep it there and have a good sense of pitch; but 2 hours later after a
break it'd be gone, more or less.  But I'm really good with intervals, and
I think that helps a lot.  Having to teach interval recognition and basic
voice-training was really helpful to pitch and interval training.  That's
I guess why I think it can be learned...

Bob K.