From:
John Smyth <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Jul 1999 19:45:41 -0700
Bob Yoon writes:

>I'm looking at getting Bruckner 7th and 8th and I'm considering Celi's
>recordings.

If the 3rd mov't is you favorite part, then I recommend the Wand recording
on RCA.  No one does those string and harp chords like Wand.  He lovingly
tends to these passages as if it were the only time Bruckner ever used
harps.  The brass chorales come off beautifully in the church acoustic
where it was recorded.

I have compared with the Karajan, (last), Barenboim, Giulini, Haitink, and
Jarvi.

John, yes, I employed some dry humor here, Smyth