From:
John Dalmas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Jul 1999 21:26:50 -0400
Patrik Enander wrote:

>A couple of weeks ago I bought the new set of Bach Cello suites by Pieter
>Wispelwey (2 CDs for the price of 1).

I assume this is the recording on Dutch Channel Classics Records, CCS 12298
(Diapason d'Or) released last year, and not a repackaging of Wispelwey's
earlier recording of the suites on CCS 1090.  A comparison of the two
versions would be welcome here, as the newer version is said to have been
"artistically revised" by the artist.

Wispelwey is certainly impressive.  I heard him do the Beethoven suites
last October at the Boston MFA, and immediately rushed out to buy his
recording of them (with Paul Komen).

John Dalmas