From:
Tony Duggan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Jul 1999 00:19:33 -0700
David Stewart wrote:

>Thought I might go to this...  Tippett's the Mask of Time.  Any good?

I think so.  It's a tough nut but very rewarding.  I shall be watching the
TV broadcast.  (Yes, the BBC are showing it live on TV.) Why not try and
get a recording out of the library and listen to it a few times first.

>I was going to go for the 3 quid arena seats.  Is it necessary to be there
>early? Surely the MoT is not a major seat filler?

I think the First Night is always full.  If the weather is anything like it
is now it will be a sticky night in the Royal Albert Hall.  I shall relax
in my favourite chair with my Chinese fan in one hand, a cool drink in the
other, a speaker to the left, a speaker to the right and the TV in the
middle.  If you go, David, wear a garish shirt and wave at a live camera so
I can pick you out.

Tony Duggan
Staffordshire,
United Kingdom.