From:
Lloyd Sitkoff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Jun 1999 21:16:08 EDT
Today's Dallas Morning News reports that the local radio station WRR
has been named a finalist in the "classical music station of the year"
category of the 1999 Marconi Radio Awards.  The other finalists are KFUO
in St. Louis & WGMS in Washington D.C.  For those unfamiliar with the
poor programming & sub par announcers of WRR check the archives from a few
months ago for my posting of a typical day of WRR programming.  I believe
the title of my post was "Any Way to run a Classical Station" What I am
most interested in is 1) Is this a bogus competition? After all these are
not exactly legendary stations 2) How do these other finalists stack up?
Are they as bad as WRR? Your feedback appreciated.

Lloyd Sitkoff [log in to unmask]