David Stewart <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 22 Jun 1999 23:55:20 +0100
I found out something quite interesting today.  Listening to music should
always be accompanied by an appropriate drink.  Don't believe me? Try
listening to Faure's Requiem with a big mug of hot chocolate (made only
with milk).  To further augment the experience, make sure it is pouring
down with rain, turn off all the lights, put on the fire and wrap up in
a kingsize duvet.

Bach should be accompanied by cappucino sprinkled with nutmeg, whereas
Mozart would work well with a glass of freshly squeezed orange juice,
apart from his Requiem which really needs a glass of red wine.  Lager
for Beethoven - you need something down to earth.  Freshly ground coffee
for Handel.

But can anyone suggest a drink for Elgar? I am at a loss.  I would probably
suggest a strong tea but I don't drink it.  Sugar suspended in cold vomit
might be appropriate for Andrew Lloyd-Webber of course.  Anyone like to
recommend a drink for their favourite composer?

David Stewart