From:
Gerardo Constantini <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 May 1999 13:50:21 -0500
Mikael wrote:

>Young Kwak writes:
>
>>I heard her play the Liszt 1 at Carnegie Hall last October with Montreal
>>and Dutoit.  And a truly legendary performance it was!  Her interpretation
>>is very...unique, with very quick tempos and heart-pounding excitement.
>>I remember the time of the entire concert to be 17 minutes flat, which is
>>slightly quicker than her performance with Abbado on DG originals.
>
>17 minutes!  Yes, she probably owns concerto.  Unfortunately, it should be
>the other way around.  The musician is the servant, not the music.  I don't
>think I would enjoy any performance of the Liszt 1 shorter than 18 min or
>so.  It would be like witnessing a slaughter.....

Well i really enjoy you opinion on it.Of course it depends on the aproach
people has toward music.  I really like Martha Argerich,but it doesn't mean
i have to agree with a Hyper -Techcnical speed performance.  And if what i
want to listen is music, i am against too fast performances,because the
ears lost a lot of important things.Great pianism doesn't means great
speed.  Regards.

Gerardo:.