From:
Peter Lundin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 May 1999 22:48:34 +0200
Steve Schwartz:

>As far as I know, there have been two integral recordings: Chailly's
>and Concerto Amsterdam's.  Both are excellent, but Concerto Amsterdam's
>has not, I believe, been transferred to CD.  Soloists here included Paul
>Doktor, Anner Bylsma, and Jaap Schroeder.  Naturally, I give the edge to
>the Concerto Amsterdam, which is harder (if not impossible) to get, but
>I like the Chailly as well.

The Concerto Amsterdam set was acctually rereleased on CD this year, on
Teldec [3384-21773-2], and agre with Steve that it's good, but I dont know
if its the best, I still lean towards the Ensemble Modern set on RCA, along
with the CA set its more "kammerisch" than Chailly, wich get a bit to
polished, I one just wanted a first taste Abbado has a disc of concerti
no's 1, 4, & 5 on EMI that are really good, fancy myself recomending
Abbado, this is the day!

Anyway, my first choice for the kammermusik is the Ensemble Modern set.

peter lundin, gothenburg.se