Date:
Thu, 20 May 1999 21:31:40 -0400
Christoph von Dohnanyi and the VPO is highly recommended--it is one of
my favorite recordings of all (partly because it took me such a long time
to get a hold of it.) The playing is powerful and beautiful at the same
time, qualities that I find less in the Masur version.  The Calm Sea and
Prosperous Voyage overture and the Hebrides that go along are equally
majestic and solid.  Recorded sound is very fresh.

Tim Hu