From:
Edgar Beach <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 May 1999 12:11:27 -0400
Recently picked up an LP recording (at Academy in NYC) of the Symphonie
Fantastique arranged for Piano by Liszt.  It was performed by Idel Birit
on the Finnadar label (An Atlantic Recordings Release).  It was my first
hearing of the piano version and I thought Ms.  Birits performance lacked
a bit of fire (excitement) or could it have been Liszt's arrangement?
I have always enjoyed her performances on the Naxos label.  Is anyone
familiar with this recording? Any comments? Can anyone recommend another
performance?

"Edgar Beach" <[log in to unmask]>