From:
Todd Michel McComb <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 May 1999 13:25:24 -0700
Kevin Sutton writes:

>Record labels and most if not all retail chains hold release dates
>sacred.  This is so that no one store will have an unfair advantage
>over another where hot new releases are concerned.

I don't know anything about Borders or this particular Borders, but at the
local Tower, they take the boxes out of the store room on the release date
and put them under the shelves.  They get around to putting them in the
little bins some number of days later.

Of course, as noted, I did enough politicking that I got a "New Release"
section which they continue to use to good effect.  I think this is a
sensible thing for any store to do, assuming they know the difference
between a new release and something else.

Todd McCOmb