Kevin Sutton <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 17 May 1999 00:01:06 -0500
Leighton M. Gill ([log in to unmask]) wrote:

>Noboru Inoue <[log in to unmask]> writes:
>
>>By the way, Mr. Stockhausen, why your CD's are so expensive? It's almost
>>double the average one.
>
>Probably because those who can be duped into actually believing that
>Stockhausen's works are music can be duped into paying more for them.

It is hardly fair to make this kind of statement.  Stockhausen was an
experimenter and an avant gardest (if that is a word).  Not all experiments
work.  Not all of them fail either.  I personally find 'Stimmung" to be a
wonderful work and one which I have enjoyed on repeated listenings.

Kevin Sutton