From:
Dan Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 May 1999 15:50:17 -0400
Patrik Enander <[log in to unmask]> writes:

>But could someone tell me why record companys tend to have 4 different
>essays in four different languages.  I can of course read the English essay
>and sometimes the German, but never the French and Italian.  It is a bit
>frustratating, I always wonder if a miss something that is well written and
>informative.

I seem to recall that this subject was brought up last year.  I didn't
understand the problem last year, and I still don't.  Say that you only
read English.  If there are 3 pages of notes in each language, what does
it matter whether the articles are all the same (in which case you've read a
3 page essay), or all different (in which case you've read a 3 page essay)?

The only thing I find nice about having all the essays be the same is that
having the text in multiple languages makes for convenient study material
to improve my French and German.

Dan Schmidt -> [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask]