Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sat, 8 May 1999 19:24:52 -0500
From:
Steven Schwartz <[log in to unmask]>
Leighton Gill replies to a perfectly sensible question:

>Noboru Inoue <[log in to unmask]> writes:
>
>>By the way, Mr. Stockhausen, why your CD's are so expensive? It's almost
>>double the average one.
>
>Probably because those who can be duped into actually believing that
>Stockhausen's works are music can be duped into paying more for them.

Of course they're music, just not music you happen to care for.  The real
reason is that Stockhausen owns the rights to all his CDs.  I believe you
can get them only through him.  Since he is the sole source of distribution,
he can charge what the market will bear.  Last I heard, he wasn't starving.

Steve Schwartz