From:
Sandy Hess <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 May 1999 11:25:31 -0400
I had a call from Chick-fil-A  Friday morning!  They have sent the
request
over to marketing.  The caller noted, with surprise, that CFA had
received 12 e-mails at that time promising support.  I have heard from
several others since then who said they have sent a note, too.

Please! Take a moment TODAY to email Chick-fil-A and send a *brief* note

saying that you will help defray the cost of the Chick-fil-A "Cows
Udderly Agree" campaign by taking your family of (#) to eat a meal at
CFA during  World Breastfeeding Week;  also, (if you can do so) that you
will order
at least one T-shirt; and that you appreciate CFA's willingness to get
involved in educating future mothers, and others, about this important
health care issue.  If there is not a CFA near you, you can still tell
them that you would like to order a t-shirt if they print them, and let
them know there is not a CFA near where you live.

To  re-cap the campaign, I have asked CFA to draw up an ad with a couple

of cows, possibly nursing their calves, with the ad reading "Cows
Udderly Agree:  Human Milk is Best for Babies.  World Breastfeeding
Week, August 1 - 7".  This would be printed on the paper tray cover and
on the T-shirt.  Also, I sent CFA  a list of benefits of breastfeeding
to mom, the baby, and the financial resources of our government and
health
care system  -- to all families in general-- and asked that CFA print
the list on the side of the ad, or the back of the paper tray.

If CFA adopts this project, perhaps breastfeeding advocates at various
locales can organize a certain day during WBW to eat there & promote the
cause.

I saw my doctor Friday morning and he excitedly said he would put the
word
out in his realm of influence.  If we *all* did this, CFA can hardly say

"no"!  Right now, we definitely have their attention.  Let's get their
committment!

Please e-mail (remember, keep it short!) them at:

http://www.chick-fil-a.com/content/feedback/feedback/.htm

this should take you right to the e-mail screen.

If you can not locate the web site through the above approach, try

http://www.chick-fil-a.com

and then work through to the "feedback" page.

Of course, if you commit to any of the above methods of support, please
follow through!  Who knows where this could lead next year?  Maybe a
breastfeeding ad on their paper sacks?! :)   It is time to educate the
nation just how important breastmilk is for our children.

I have no doubt that a great deal of local  (and possibly greater) media

coverage can ensue from this project. WE CAN DO IT!

**I give my permission for this post to be printed, faxed, forwarded
electronically, read, quoted, etc.  for the purpose described above.**
Let's get going!

Thanks, ALL, for your help!

Sandy Hess