From:
Staci Cleveland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Jun 1999 15:56:57 -0400
Hi Lactnetters. My name is Staci, stay at home mom of Emma, 9 months. I'm

about to apply for LLL Leadership, and I've been lurking for a few weeks

now. I've been learning a lot. My question concerns cigarrette smoking and

how it can effect a nursing child. My sister quit smoking when pregnant,

and did not smoke for quite a while after the birth of her son. He's one

year old now, and still nurses when it's time to go to sleep or when he

needs a pick me up. She admitted to smoking again (I'm not sure how

often.....she lives with our mom, so i'm sure she's hiding it). When I

commented that her son didn't want to smoke, she indicated that she did not

know of any studies that found anything getting into the milk of a smoker.

Sounds wrong to me. I did an archive search, but found nothing. Anyone

have evidence I can share with her? Thanks...I'll go back to lurking now.

Staci Cleveland