From:
Allen Dick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 2 Feb 1999 10:19:34 -0700
Posted at the request of Dan Weaver:
---

January 27, 1999

It has come to our attention that some people have published false and
defamatory statements about us and the Buckfast Queens that we produce,
asserting incorrectly that we do not breed true Buckfast Queens, that we
produce Queens in Africanized areas and that our queens are mated with
Africanized drones.  In fact no one has produced Buckfast Queens longer
than the Weavers except Buckfast Abbey, no one has received more genetic
material from Brother Adam than we, and no one, not even Brother Adam, has
produced more Buckfast Queens for beekeepers around the world.  We have
been producing Buckfast Queens since 1968 and have, without a doubt, the
largest Buckfast gene pool in the Western hemisphere if not the world.
Our Buckfast Queens have been evaluated and tested in innumerable
scientifically validated trials and have consistently demonstrated
tracheal mite resistance that surpasses all other stocks tested, as well
as exceptional honey production capabilities and many other valuable
traits.

No one has detected even one Africanized swarm in the area where we
produce our Queens and there is no basis whatever for speculating that
some of our queens have mated with Africanized drones.  We do saturate the
area where our Queens are produced with huge numbers of our drones to
ensure that there are adequate numbers of drones for mating and to dilute
the impact of any Africanized drones if Africanized bees ever do make it
to our mating areas.  We will continue to work to produce the Queens that
gave Buckfast their fame.  We trust that our past and potential customers
will not be persuaded by the false and slanderous statements and
misinformed opinion that some have published about us, but will instead
allow our bees and queens to do the talking.

Sincerely,

Daniel and Binford Weaver

Rt.1 Box 256
Navasota, TX 77868 INC.
(409)825-7312 Binford Weaver
Daniel B. Weaver

Bringing You Nature's Best Queens, Bees, and Honey since 1888

Phone: 1-(409)825-7312
Fax: 1-(409)825-7351

email: [log in to unmask]
http://www.beeweaver.com