From:
laurie wheeler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 May 1999 14:41:37 PDT
Barbara,
Yes add your BS degree, it doesn't really matter where, I don't think,
however if you look at other sigs they usually put the IBCLC last. I do.
Maybe because it's longer, or becoz I got the other degrees first. Or maybe
degrees come first and certifications second.

About your referral from the peds group - I hope you won't mind some
suggestions from me. Even though this group and hosp obviously have a LONG
WAY TO GO to get baby friendly, BE SURE to send a very nice report to the
doc. Thank him for the referral and give all your findings and your plan and
followup plan. Maybe send a brief article(s) along.  Our form has our
findings in a summary form (I usually number them) and then our plan of care
(numbered and specific) and date for f/u.

I think I would focus on the fact that milk expression has to begin soon
after delivery and regularly til baby bf well (and w/ appropriate pump if
pump is used). I would focus on this one point that I think will be
assimilated more easily and not focus on whether the baby was really
hypoglycemic (shaking, got glucose bottles, did not get back to mom til 12
hrs). Good luck - this is a golden opportunity to start to make some
positive changes. If he likes what he gets from you, you will get more
referrals.

Laurie Wheeler, RN, MN, IBCLC - hosp Lc
Violet Louisiana, USA