From:
Steven Schwartz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 May 1999 07:13:37 -0500
Don Satz replies to Mark Seeley:

>>I am looking for a strong recommendation for Hindemith's Kammermusik.
>
>I am not an expert on Hindemith's recorded output, but I have a few
>recordings including the complete Kammermusik directed by Chailly on a
>2-cd Decca set.  I don't have any references to compare it with, but I've
>enjoyed the set.  I also think the reviews were highly favorable.  ...

As far as I know, there have been two integral recordings:  Chailly's
and Concerto Amsterdam's.  Both are excellent, but Concerto Amsterdam's
has not, I believe, been transferred to CD.  Soloists here included Paul
Doktor, Anner Bylsma, and Jaap Schroeder.  Naturally, I give the edge to
the Concerto Amsterdam, which is harder (if not impossible) to get, but
I like the Chailly as well.

Steve Schwartz