From:
Roger Hecht <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 May 1999 23:46:23 -0400
Bob Kasenchak wrote:

>I don't know EW Korngold well but I have a Nimbus CD with his Quartet No.
>1 for Strings that I like a lot.  It smacks of genius.  It is paired with
>Rezinik Qt, about whom I know next-to-nothing.

A pretty good, pretty entertaining Viennese composer, lived from 1860 to
1945 or so.  Not real modern in style.  Kind of a Dohnanyi or something
along that line.  Colorful.  There are a couple of symphonies on
Schwann-Koch, I think.  I haven't heard them in a while, so I don't want
to go on too much: he's more nineteenth then twentieth century in style.

Roger Hecht